Kernow Local Medical Committee’s Pastoral Support service is available free to any GP working in Cornwall.
We can offer advice and support for a wide range of professional and personal issues that may affect GPs at any stage of their career. These might include “stress”, intra-practice conflict, complaints, performance concerns (Such as GMC / PAG investigation), feeling burnt out, unhappiness at work and work-life balance issues to name but a few. Nothing is too trivial.
We can provide :
- A rapid response to new cases, normally within 24 hours
- Confidential advice, support and guidance
- A personalised service from an experienced local GP assigned to each case
- A network of pastoral support GPs with a wide range of professional skills and interests to cover most eventualities
- Signposting to and liaison with other services, where appropriate.
- We can provide anything from a one off chat to regular support for many months.
If you are aware of a colleague who is struggling and would benefit from some support, or you recognise that you are, or may be in trouble yourself, then please get in touch.
If your need is urgent then please pick up the phone, NOW.
Contact details :
01726 210141 (Office hours)
(If you wish to discuss a colleague then that is better done initially on the phone).
Or fill in the contact form below with your details :
Pastoral Support Registration
"*" indicates required fields
Other useful resources
We have our own useful information on burnout, stress, organisational stress, financial support and the Cameron fund.
*You will need to register for the main site access for this.
As GPs we know the principles of self-care as it affects our patients – but what about ourselves?
Dr Andrew Tresidder has blogged on his experiences for Self Care Week.
Coping with complaints stress
Facing a complaint or a claim can be difficult but there are steps you can take to help manage the stress involved. The MDU offer some good advice on their website.