The LMC are holding two evening events. 23rd April at Lanhydrock Golf Club, near Bodmin and 28th April at Penventon Park Hotel, near Redruth on the changes to the NHS pension scheme.
Refreshment will be available from 7pm.
Can you please let us know if you would like to attend, there is no charge for the events, but we need to have an idea of numbers for catering purposes.
The seminars, run by Luke Bennett of Francis Clarke will cover the following issues.
• Reminder of differences between 1995, 2008 and 2015 Schemes
• Difference between officer and practitioner posts
• Pension flexibilities – making sure you are getting the maximum pension
• Tax impact if annual allowance exceeded; is Scheme Pays a good idea?
• Tax impact if lifetime allowance exceeded;
• Interaction with personal pension funds
• Protections available for lifetime allowance
• How to decide whether to
o Carry on contributing
o Continue with added years
o Become a deferred member
o Take 24 hour retirement