Location: St Austell Healthcare, St Austell, PL25 3EF
Contact Name: Bridget Sampson
Contact Tel: 01726 626842
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: n/a
St Austell Healthcare
Due to retirement, we are now looking for a forward thinking and energetic GP to work between 6 – 8 sessions per week, ideally starting in the summer 2017. The main role will be to provide clinical leadership to our same-day urgent care centre, but could include an educational component.
St Austell Healthcare formed in May 2015 comprising the four former St Austell Practices with a list size of over 32,000 patients. We have a dedicated urgent care centre 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.
Primary Care is changing – and we are the future. At SAH, by increasing the skill mix within our planned care site and urgent care centre and encouraging a team-based approach, we allow GPs to be GPs. We believe in strong clinical leadership and in looking after our people to enable them to deliver our vision of the future. We will support GPs keen to build a portfolio career with flexible working and those wishing to pursue any specialist interests. We have been described as “an impressive team” and believe in a strong partnership ethos.
We offer highly competitive salaries (GP partner level) with NHS pension, 6 weeks annual leave and 1 weeks study leave. In addition:
- Integrated working with voluntary sector and community services
- One of 15 sites nationally undertaking Primary Care Home (new care model as in FYFV)
- A mixed work-force with flexible shifts and opportunities to suit young parents, part time, job share or portfolio career
- A clinical pharmacist prescriber, ECP, nurse consultant and minor illness nurses are valuable members of the team
- Longer appointment times and improved continuity of care for patients with complex needs
- Social prescribing and virtual ward concept embraced and established
- Participating in Investors in People
- Established training practice with medical students, registrars (ST and FY2), student nurses, HCAs and Business Administration Apprentices.
- Integrated SystmOne IT system across all sites and community services
- Annual medical defence costs are paid by the practice.
- Open and honest work ethos with a commitment to personal development with innovative, developed education programme to include community teams, locums, other NHS providers and voluntary sector.
The successful applicant will be involved in the rota for on-call and extended hours surgery
For further information contact:
Bridget Sampson Managing Partner on 01726 626842 or firstname.lastname@example.org